US army says it defeated Houthi assault on ships in Gulf of Aden


CAIRO/WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Two U.S. Navy destroyers escorting three service provider vessels by means of the Gulf of Aden defeated an assault by Iran-backed Houthis in Yemen, the U.S. army mentioned on Tuesday.

The Houthis launched a number of drones and a cruise missile whereas the ships had been transiting the Gulf on Monday and Tuesday, U.S. Central Command mentioned in a publish on X.

“The reckless assaults resulted in no accidents and no injury to any vessels, civilians or U.S. Naval,” CENTCOM mentioned.

A army spokesman for the Houthis mentioned earlier on Tuesday that the group had focused three provide ships and two American destroyers accompanying them within the Gulf of Aden.

admin

Recent Posts

Aussie large Macquarie swoops for Metcor in £100m deal

Macquarie, the Australian monetary large, has struck its newest British takeover cope with a swoop…

5 minutes ago

Oil majors affected by OPEC+ output hike, not from U.S. tariffs, Eni exec says

CERNOBBIO, Italy (Reuters) - Oil majors are struggling after eight OPEC+ international locations unexpectedly agreed…

49 minutes ago

Fed’s Powell to weigh in amid tariff fray, market drop

By Howard Schneider WASHINGTON (Reuters) - With sweeping new U.S. tariffs now in play globally…

1 hour ago

Oil Extends Sharp Drop After Shock OPEC+ Hike, Trump Tariffs

(Bloomberg) -- Oil fell additional after President Donald Trump’s tariffs and an OPEC+ choice to…

4 hours ago

Goldman cuts oil value forecasts amid tariff fears, increased OPEC+ provide

(Reuters) - Goldman Sachs lowered its forecast for Brent crude's common value this yr by…

7 hours ago

Final UK blast furnaces days from closure as Chinese language house owners lower off essential provides

​​​​​​​The final blast furnaces left working in Britain might see their destiny sealed inside days,…

8 hours ago